Skip to main content

My Really Sad March Wrap Up...

Hey, Readers! Happy April! I hope everyone is having a good weekend and a Happy Easter.


I did not read a lot in the month of March, which is sad, but I could not get out of my reading slump. I read a total of three books in March. I read one book for a book club I participate in and two review books. I had planned to read more than two review books, but I did not get to it.

I started the month off by reading Novelty by Shann Hurst, which I gave a three out of five stars. It was okay, but there were several things about this book that annoyed me. I will talk more about this book in a review. Then I picked up Mr. Ruins by Michael John Grist, but only read ten percent of the book. I was also reading the Split by Noel Thomas Fiems, which I gave four out of five stars. It was a really good book with few flaws. I liked the plot and characters, but I will talk more about my feelings for this book in an upcoming review for it. Lastly, I read The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason, which I gave a five out of five stars because I absolutely loved it. The plot and characters were really awesome and the setting was perfect! The book also had really good descriptive writing. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series!

Thanks for reading! Look forward to my TBR because I'm doing thing a little different this month to get out of a slump.
      -Ashley <3


*My favorite cover of the month is The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason!*

23701080236367352330101723235033


Links for Books and Authors:
Novelty by Shann Hurst, Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23701080-novelty
Shann Hurst, Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6622179.Shann_Hurst
The Split by Boel Thomas Fiems, Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23636735-the-split
Noel Thomas Fiems, Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/9973082.Noel_Thomas_Fiems
Mr. Ruins by Michael John Grist, Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23301017-mr-ruins
Michael John Grist, Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6479890.Michael_John_Grist
The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason, Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23235033-the-rest-falls-away 
Colleen Gleason, Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/67481.Colleen_Gleason





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY ONE! Reading Cram 2.0: Chills and Thrills Readathon! TBR Challenge!

"Oct 24-- TBR challenge- -List what books you are planning to read for the read-a-thon, on your blog, YouTube, etc. You don't have to stick to the list FYI :)"- Juliababyjen These are not in any particular order and I may or may not read these. This is a rough idea of the books I'll be reading or trying to read. Three of the six books were recommended to me by MonsterMen13 on YouTube...well not exactly to me but in general.  Also just because I wrote down six books does not mean I'll get to them or that I will read six books.  **The themes are based off of the summary and friends** Stardust by Neil Gaiman ; started Spooky Theme: Witches... I started this during the Octobathon and did not finish. Horns by Joe Hill Spooky Theme: Thriller, Mystery... I heard about this book from padfootandprangs07 a while back. Then my friend recommended it to me. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children  By Ransom R...

Severance by Michael Pristsos and Jessica Mastroakos

My Rating: 3.5/5 Stars Average Rating: 3.67 Stars Pages: 380 ISBN-13: 9871500392710 *I received a free copy of Severance in exchange for an honest review* "To be born Gaian is to be born gifted. That wasn’t always true, but as more infants were born with special talents of the mind, what was once considered abnormal became the majority. The ungifted were sent to Thalassa, an island chain off the coast of the mainland. These orphans grew up in a vassal kingdom forced to pay dues to its overseers.  In Severance, the first book of The Sovereign, a Thalassan soldier and orphan gets wind of a plot against his island home and wages war against its oppressors. A captain’s daughter fights for a love across the cultural divide. An assassin’s need for power takes him on a bloody journey throughout both lands. And a princess tells the biggest lie in her nation’s history, protecting her family’s right to rule."- Goodreads  Severance was a good novel about the struggles tho...

Rightful Owner by Hemmie Martin

" When a murder occurs in an exclusive swinger’s club, DI Wednesday and DS Lennox find themselves immersed in a murky world of sex and secrets. It doesn’t take long for the members to turn on one another, and for their clandestine affairs to come crashing into their everyday lives. As Wednesday experiences the pressures of work and caring for her mother’s mental illness, and Lennox’s ex-wife has him worrying about the sustainability of his role as a father, their case brings about questions of personal freedom and they begin to wonder if we are all, in fact, owned in one way or another." - Authoramp.com ***Second in a series, but is not about the same case*** _______________________________________________________________________________ Rightful Owner by Hemmie Martin is the first of the many books I will hopefully be reviewing for AuthorAmp.com . Rightful Owner was good and I gave it a 4/5 stars. While it took a few chapters to have me riveted, it later kept m...